ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championships | 2016
Course records smashed and goals crushed as Team LifeProof own it at the 2016 ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championships
LifeProof is proud to be an official sponsor of the ÖTILLÖ Swimrun World Championships for the 3rd year running. This raw spectacle of sheer athleticism and willpower sees 238 competitors in teams of two from 20 different nations, tackle a 75 km long race with 65 km of trail running and a 10 km swim across the land and sea of the 26 islands in the Stockholm archipelago.
Incredible performances went down at ÖTILLÖ 2016 where all three categories (men, mixed and women) crushed their course records on the grueling 75 km cross terrain race.
LifeProof Ambassador and ÖTILLÖ king Lennart Lelle Moberg returned from his wedding earlier this year with his mind set on one goal, to beat past records. Teaming up with Daniel Hansson the pair smashed the previous fastest time around the course, finishing under the magic eight-hour limit at 7 hours 59 minutes 4 seconds!
“It’s like a dream. We have worked really hard for this all year and our biggest goal the last couple of years has been to finish under eight hours. Finally we did it! We had a plan and we stuck to it both tactically and mentally. It was tough mentally as we felt chased throughout the course after taking the lead. Paul [Krochak] and Oscar [Olsson – 2nd team] helped us to stay at a high pace… When we realised that we had a chance to manage the eight hour limit we forgot everything about cramps and fatigue and just went for it all the way to the finish line,” said Daniel Hansson, exhausted but overjoyed at the finish.
More course records were beaten when tremendous Eva Nyström (SWE), former long distance duathlon world champion and Adriel Young (AUS), Thule Adventure, finished as first mixed team and eighth overall on 8 hours 49 minutes 58 seconds. Kristin Larsson and Annika Eriksson, Team Addnature, completed possibly the most impressive race of the day by finishing almost an hour faster than the previous record in the women’s category, virtually incredible!
Check out all the results here:
1. Lelle Moberg (SWE) and Daniel Hansson (SWE), Swedish Armed Forces, 7:59:04
2. Paul Krochak (CAN) and Oscar Olsson (SWE), Team Head Swimming, 8:07:57
3. Fredrik Axegård (SWE) and Alex Flores (SWE), Team Runfast 77, 8:16:49
1. Eva Nyström (SWE) and Adriel Young (AUS), Thule Adventure Team 8:49:58
2. Staffan Björklund (SWE) and Marika Wagner (SWE), Apollo Sports/Head Swimming 9:09:52
3. Diane Sadik (SWE) and Rickard Berglund (SWE), Swimrunshop.com, 9:20:14
1. Kristin Larsson (SWE) and Annika Ericsson (SWE), Addnature, 9:32:03
2. Ulrika Eriksson (SWE) and Helena Sivertsson (SWE), Team Icebug 9:44:41
3. Bibben Nordblom (SWE) and Maja Tesch (SWE) Team Head Swimming, 9:48:01
Photo Credit: Jakob Edholm